[messengers] Volunteering to do cool stuff in Dar es Salaam Tanzania.

Date: 29 Jan 2010 11:29:26 +0100
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

This just popped into my inbox so i guess im supposed to forward it on...

Dear .....

Sarah from TVE has emailed me in regards to your interest in volunteering in
Dar.

I myself volunteered in Dar in 2006.

I am now helping others volunteer in Dar. My project partner Janet Kiwia, is
based in Dar es Salaam. They place volunteers through her business World Jet
Travel. I am in Melbourne, Australia.

Janet offers volunteer placements in an orphanage or at a primary school or
a split of both. We also have a disabilities project whereby we are
employing people with disabilities to recycle old bicycles and modify them
into bikes/trikes for children with disabilities. We haven't had volunteer's
at this project yet, but if it was of special interest we may be able to
arrange something. We are working towards opening a kindergarten in 2011 as
a volunteer placement as well.

A few questions:

1) How long do you want to volunteer for?

2) What are you interested in? Orphanage?

2) Would you prefer to stay with a host family (Janet organizes this in
pairs). This is a more genuine African experience.  Or would you prefer to
stay in volunteer housing (a quieter more private option but you don't get
the same African experience).

Janet's email is

kiwiajanet@xxxxxxxxx

She would be happy to communicate directly with you.

Our website is www.watotokwanza.org

I hope this is of help.

Feel free to call me on 0412 225 422

I am out to Tanzania on the 31st but will only be gone for 2 weeks.

Regards

Gwen.