Re: [messengers] Cell Phone Bans Don't Decrease Accidents, Study Says.

Date: Sat Jan 30 05:10:28 2010
From: matt broiler <mattbroiler@xxxxxxxxx>

the state of Oregon just enacted a hands free devices only law since January 1st.

I'm guessing the reason that there is no noticeable difference in accident rates is because nearly everyone ignores the law, I see just as many people driving with the phone shoved up in their face as before.

I don't see how there could be any significant change in the accident rate unless people actually change their (shitty) driving habits....