Re: [messengers] which bike for CMWC?

Date: 22 Feb 2010 16:49:43 +0100
From: Austin Horse <osmerp@xxxxxxxxx>

I got one of the freight bike cases, say it's a trade show exhibit, and have
never had to pay.  i've even walked up to the counter w/ my helmet exposed.
 when they have asked "is that a bike?" i say it's not a complete bike and
they allow it w/ no charge.  i keep a crank bolt in my pocket to make it an
incomplete bike in the box.

before i had the freight bag i would travel w/ 2 cardboard bike boxes, cut
down as tight as i could.  i would cut the sides off the second box and flip
them to make the sides blank, reinforcing the unit & hiding the bike
graphics.  never got dinged for a bike that way either.

peace
austin