Re: [messengers] A great pro cycling story on main stream television.

Date: 15 Mar 2010 13:22:54 +0100
From: Simon McKenzie <mckfrenzy@xxxxxxxxx>

Oh yeah Doddy,

I think it's awesome that a commercial channel ran a piece of this type. Just so u don't think I'm being all negative.

On 15/03/2010, at 11:16 PM, Simon McKenzie wrote:

Ya think.?
I didn't like it so much. Don't think it does anything to soften the anti cycling sentiment in Sydney, even if that was the intention.

Sure it might open a few ppls eyes to what other cities do (or rather Amsterdam in particular), But Amsterdam aint a city full of redneck dicks in V8's, and, let's face it, that's who watches 60 minutes.

They tried hard to be sure, and it was pro cycling, but they got the angle all wrong

My 2 cents

Shifty