Re: [messengers] A great pro cycling story on main streamtelevision.

Date: 16 Mar 2010 00:22:24 +0100
From: <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm waiting for the video that suggests that all pedestrians should have a license to cross the street to show how silly a bike registration law would be. It could have footage of jay-walkers and other pedestrians risking their necks to cross the street.

This video is like so much of the crap you see on TV. Very negative and extreme on both sides of the issue. I think the moon walking bear was a far better video to get rider safety across to drivers. How about addressing road modifications to accommodate all traffic? Wouldn't that be more productive? But I guess it is far easier to be a critic that an advocate, or a producer of a pro cycling story. I would like to see a follow up story discussing what is being done to help with the gridlock and the fact that more cyclists might actually help ease the traffic situation.

Why is it that most of the people that hate bikers are fat?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Dodd" <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>