Re: [messengers] A great pro cycling story on main streamtelevision.

Date: 16 Mar 2010 07:57:28 +0100
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

Mark said.
"This video is like so much of the crap you see on TV."
Yep i agree, but 60minutes has been around for years and its here to stay so
i don't think we have any other choice but to accept that their is going to
be more either pro cycling or anti cycling stories. .

"How about addressing road modifications to accommodate all traffic?"
Didn't they address "road modifications to accomodate all traffic" by going
to Amsterdam and pointing out the differences?

Problem we have here in Aussieland is that we are trying to modify our roads
to accomodate cyclists but its going to take a long time.  Rome wasn't built
in a day, the same goes for making cities cycle friendly. We also have a
geographical issue of our large country being isolated and spread out.

In the meantime Less time consuming and cheaper changes like Introducing a
Vulnerable Road Users legislation would instantly put the responsibility on
the person that drives the more dangerous vehicle.

-Pedestrians have right of way over cyclists and motorvehicles.
-Cyclists have right of way over motor vehicles.

Yes the moon walking bear is a great video, i'm not sure if the producers of
60minutes would allow playing repeats of a moon walking bear to fill in a
15minute segment.

I have genuine belief that stories like this are a process. Hopefully they
only get better and it puts an end to the completely anticycling stories
that have been happening over the years.