Re: [messengers] A great pro cycling story on main streamtelevision.

Date: 16 Mar 2010 08:39:23 +0100
From: "yogi at sydbma.org" <yogi@xxxxxxxxxx>

Forgot the mother lode.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-the-city-that-hates-bikes-20100312-q45h.htm

Regards,

Julian 'Yogi' Somosi

-----Original Message-----
From: messengers-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:messengers-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of yogi at sydbma.org
Sent: 16 March 2010 06:36
To: 'Michael Dodd'
Cc: messengers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [messengers] A great pro cycling story on main
streamtelevision.

One thing I noticed was the cabbie saying .. 'look at that bike rider on the
wrong side of the white lines AND overtaking on the wrong side of the
road'.. when later the cabbie did exactly the same to stop just up the road
a bit ...

If you really looked, it was far LESS wrong than a lot of other bike stories
of late. Also it was about cyclists in general not bike couriers by default.

It seems that the rank and file are being told... 'Bikes are ok' and not
worth killing as you run em over on your massive adventure to the next red.

If anything they could have included the dancing bear.

As bike riders we know that drivers act selfish but this is a follow up on
"ARE SYDNEY DRIVERS the most aggressive towards cyclists, in the world"?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/letters/drastic-changes-needed-to-break-v
icious-cycle/2010/03/14/1268501413171.html

http://www.smh.com.au/national/letters/drastic-changes-needed-to-break-vicio
us-cycle-20100314-q5yw.html

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/crash-course-high-aggression-low-skill-20
100312-q461.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/safety-experts-urge-cyclists-to-sit-up-and-take-no
tice-20100315-q9of.html

ALL THESE STORIES POPPED OUT OF OUR LOCAL PAPER IN A WEEK.

It is no wonder 60 minutes followed it up ... with the normal amount of
"don't piss of the driver majority" in mind I presume.

Regards,

Julian 'Yogi' Somosi