[messengers] U.S. Postal Service

Date: 29 Mar 2010 22:28:24 +0200
From: Paul Esbrandt <pinchflats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Join the Party, Pals!

Seems like the U.S. Postal Service is losing money like the rest of us. So, now they want to step back from 6 day delivery to 5 days.
Hmmm, I wonder if they cut back from their motorized fleet to a fleet of bicycles and cargo bikes, if they could save a lot more money.
Does the U.S. postal service use bicycles anywhere? I haven't seen them. I think I have seen them use Segways.
Question, would you be willing to wear a U.S. Postal uniform and join the Feds? Hey, great bennies!
Has anybody thought about suggesting this to them?
Are there any other countries that, their national mailing service use bicycles?

Article about the cut-back:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703312504575141932505872768.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond