Re: [messengers] U.S. Postal Service

Date: 1 Apr 2010 02:27:29 +0200
From: Paul Esbrandt <pinchflats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That is a shame that the U.K. Postal Service is doing this! The fact is that I thought England had given up on the bicycle decades ago. I was supprised the Postal Service was still using them.
Here in the U.S. they give lip service to doing something for the environment, yet they never seem quite serious about it. Doing something with the U.S. Postal Service would be a great start, since they are losing money anyway. The Bicycle Messenger has been showing for a long time, they can move large amounts with Cargo Bikes. It certainly would start showing we were trying to do something about our addiction to oil, instead of more off-shore drilling.
At the same time saving money!