Re: [messengers] Do as I say, Not as I do!

Date: 1 Apr 2010 11:23:47 +0200
From: norbert <norbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi,

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Paul Esbrandt <pinchflats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This maybe a bit off topic, but, maybe not if you have received a traffic ticket in the past! At least you may find this interesting. However, if they pull you over in the future, you may not want to point this out. Just Thank the Officer, and go on your way. Grin......
>
> The American, Automobile, Association. (AAA) claims that the Police are the worst drivers!
>

> Article:
> http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/Police-Sometimes-the-Worst-Drivers-AAA-89386427.html

That is totally my experience, too. I've been cut off at full speed on
a bike path towards a wall, not given the right of way, almost crashed
into their car parking really really dumb on crossings, bike paths and
just in the middle of the street. All that just last summer.

Comparing taxi and bus drivers from Germany with North America, these
just act mostly as what they are: professionals in the street. Not You
guys' usual source of hazard and death. So I wonder what that police
"driving skills" originate from. I suspect it to "being per se immune
to criticism due to feeling always right".

Also the "intellectual bandwidth" within police staff  (some are ready
to reason and think) is astonishing.

Enough of these euphemisms. Dealing with police is not my favorite lottery game.

Norbert