Re: [messengers] The effects of "Enforcing" mandatory helmet laws in Australia

Date: 6 Apr 2010 23:55:29 +0200
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

Yep.

Have to be careful with those stats.

To the best of my knowledge (and some other wannabee advocates) 90-91 was
not year mandatory helmet laws were "introduced" but the time mandatory
helmet laws became heavily "enforced".

It did coincide with the release of the super nintendo also i believe =)

Was talking to the ex pres of Bike Sydney and he seemed to recall that "the
wear a helmet" media campaign did use scare tactics by showing cyclists
getting hit by motor vehicles.