Re: [messengers] to support or not to support

Date: 10 Apr 2010 19:13:21 +0200
From: "Joel Metz" <magpie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hmm. if you want to interpret my tenure statement as a challenge to your
own time, have it your way. nothing in my replies has done anything to
contest your right to have an opinion, however much i may disagree with
it. stating things firmly, and refusing to qualify everything with "in my
opinion" does not make my point of view an absolute.

at this juncture and from the coverage i have seen, there is no evidence
presented that any "blatant attack" occurred other than that by perzeus.
one-sided as the posts coverage may be, its pretty much all we have to go
on right now, unless theres something you know i dont. im not relying on
them as the end-all-be-all of how things happened, but in the absence of
proof otherwise, asserting that the incident which precipitated perzeus'
reaction was "likely" a blatant attack is pure, unreliable conjecture on
your part.

someone blatantly attacks me from their car? hell yeah ill defend myself.
but chasing someone down through traffic, and then proceeding to assault
them and their vehicle ceases to be a defensive action, regardless of the
precipitating factors - it becomes retaliatory at that point, and thats
where perzeus loses my support, period.

i dont like depending on the cops either - i consider them unreliable,
uneducated as to the law, biased, and unconcerned with my ilk, and
experience has borne this out. but IF an assault or injury occurred to
precipitate this whole thing, getting the license plate of the vehicle
involved, finding witnesses, and calling the cops is, in fact, the proper
response. much as i hate to make that call, id make it.

-joel