Re: [messengers] Seized Pedal Removal> Bueller Bueller?

Date: 7 May 2010 19:04:42 +0200
From: Mark Loeppky <leposuction@xxxxxxxxx>

I would suggest soaking the pedals in wd40 or something of the like, from
the back where the releasing agent can pool for a week. then put the cranks
in a vice and use a blow torch to heat up the cranks but not the pedals if
you can help it. the heat will expand the metal on the crank arm. then you
can use a fancy metal bar added to the end of you pedal wrench for leverage.
I did this with some pedals seized in to my campy pista cranks and it worked
great and no damage occurred to either the pedals or the cranks. good luck
lep