Re: [messengers] ECMC 2010 Feedback

Date: 30 May 2010 12:48:16 +0200
From: "andy duncan" <mcbstrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As soon as I walked into the Velodrome on the Saturday, I felt the community strong and alive, and with hardly any trace of the wannabees who sometimes water down the spirit. The whole weekend was a celebration of what makes this community so very special. Although I understand absolute no Hungarian at all, I was moved to tears at the end of the prize giving when one of the organisers took the mike and thanked all those who had helped to make it all happen by pointing out through the crowd saying : "and you ... and you ... and you ... and you ... and you ... and you ... and you ..."

As for the main race : it was the best test of real messenger skills that I have encountered during the thirteen years I have been taking part in championships.

The funny games were ... well, a whole lot of fun! Forward circles should imho become a permanent feature of championship side events. Winning the "real foot-down" was of course also nice ... :-)

Thank you very much Budapest. You let me see the future and I know it is in good hands.

love and peace,

AD