[messengers] Fwd: WBAB

Date: 9 Jun 2010 11:29:47 +0200
From: sinya <sinya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

YOUR OPINION IS...?

TO: IFBMA MEMBERS

Those who attended ECMC 2010 Budapest might have heard the organizers
mutter something about how never again will they organize a big scale
messenger event in their city.
Well...

Instead, for the Warsaw World's next year, I proposed to them the idea
of the WBAB (World's Biggest Alleycat, Bitchezzz!)... The biggest
pre-event ever.
Fortunately, or unfortunately , they happen to like the idea, and
seeing how well they organized ECMC2010, not to mention CMWC2001, I
have all the faith that, if we put our minds to it, it can happen.

To that end, we present the idea to you, the IFBMA community, so that
you can offer your ideas and insight.

The original idea was to incorporate a multi.city alleycat, comprising
of Montreal, Bordeaux and Budapest, ending in Warsaw in time for the
world event.

Since then, we have made an interim itinerary hoping to include New
York and/or DC, Ottawa and/or Toronto, Paris, Bordeaux, Geneva, Basel,
Z├╝rich, Salzburg and/or Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava and/or Prague,
maybe Berlin, and of course Warsaw.

The end result would be... the World's Biggest Alleycat. There would
be an alleycat event in each city with prizes, perhaps, for fastest
local, fastest out of towner, but most importantly, fastest WBABer,
that core group of riders that started the event in Montreal.

The bigger this idea gets, the more we have need of sponsors, which is
our first big hurdle... (hopefully MTV, or Eurosport 2, or Discovery
can document (i.e. pay) the whole thing). (My first idea was that the
prize in each city would be a working jersey from one of that town's
companies.) Other concerns would be, emergency medical assistance, and
the legality of the courses (especially for the concern of sponsors),
... And most importantly, logistics... Travel concerns and time
duration. All of these (and more) will have to be worked out. But, it
is an exciting prospect, so I, and the Budapest/Montreal courier
communities present this idea to you.
Bottom line... Whaddayathink?

Presented by: Kole Kerr, Sinya and 9.81