Re: [messengers] Fwd: WBAB

Date: 9 Jun 2010 15:07:18 +0200
From: "Andy" <az@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Great idea! Very ambitious. I don't know how realistic though...
The idea to get big corporate sponsors to pay for this is your first problem.
1) A lot of people will be against any courier event with too much sponsor influence.
2) Good luck getting any $$$ for anything. I don't know how much actual cash the ECMC was able to raise from sponsorships, but if it is anything like CMWC, that total is pretty small. Almost all messenger races are, for the most part, paid for via registrations.
In this crappy economy, will working messengers be able to afford such extended world travel for a pre-event? How many people will even afford just the trip to Warsaw?
Bigger is not better. Traditionally, the pre-events happen in one city, and takes you to the host city. Simple formula, I stay stick with it.
With that said, you guys proved once again that Hungarians make the best messenger events (I will attempt to reconfirm that in 3 months in Guatemala), so I have no doubt that if you guys put your minds to it, it will be awesome. Follow your hearts, there will always be haters telling you what you can't do. Don't listen to them.
Good luck!!!
--
AZ