Re: [messengers] Fwd: Fwd: WBAB

Date: 11 Jun 2010 12:22:27 +0200
From: frederik stautz <frederik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

lol, maybe it's time to step back for a moment and look at those sponsors
again: clearly, no one would advertise win XP today.. so i am guessing, the
Lausanne crew -or whoever did it for them- had a pretty good time, putting
this flyer together..

with great effect!!! whoever stumbles upon it, raises their eyebrows at
those logos and pulls out the sell-out ticket..

the sell-out discussion has been a reviving theme on this list, most likely
since the beginning - i wonder if critics may have opposed this list for
this very reason, since anyone can shove their commercial info down this
line..yet we would all agree to have been benefited a great deal from its
existence.

It is a very similar situation with event sponsoring (read: raw material for
brand imaging)..

So, when does the milk turn sauer? Is there a line to be drawn, and if so,
where or when, and maybe most intriguing: by whom is this to be done??

However and despite all the dick in my ass, I personally feel quite strong
but ambiguous on this issue ..
This community cannot act in isolation - no one does. And until we have set
up a self-sufficient system of providing us with food, shelter, and all the
rest of what it takes to pull off a nice event(eg energy drinks, haha),
there will always be a basic need for pulling in external resources.
Who would really argue couriers (or fuckin polo players for that matter - do
love the sport though!!) rely on a brooks saddle on their jobby jobby?? By
contrast, today this company (is owned by Selle Royal, and) is displaying
themselves on fairs with almost no additional imagery than that.. -- this
just to illustrate, no offense Bregan..

I hope neither the list nor this discussion will ever cease to exist - since
we would have been subdued to some uniform BS, and we would have been given
up on the issues of awareness and self-empowerment.

now i gotta run, and sell my body to our customers.. as i said, i feel
ambiguous on this..

keep it up, cheers

frederik

ps. check out and stop by at GERMAN QUALIFIERS weekend in Frankfurt for the
BIKE POLO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2010 in Berlin at
www.frankfurtsfinestmessengers.org
- our content department suffers from insufficient funding, so we can only
provide german content on these pages..sorry..  ; )