Re: [messengers] M.C.A.

Date: 18 Jul 2010 21:59:57 +0200
From: Biker Bill <zxmessenger@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Nominations have always been an open suggestion here on the email list. A great judging panel of past reciepients (whom you all know have done great things for our community) all look at the nominations and reasons for nomination and then make a vote.

This is similar to the way a supreme court works.

Have faith! I for one do not believe there has been a recipient unwarrented of this award. The fact that there are so many nominated each year is a fantastic thing as it means the Markus Cook Award will be around for some time. But until the day the panel has been proven to be dishonest or irrational, there can be no case for changing the history of the way the Marcus Cook award is handled.

I trust in the MCA!

Doesn't mean you couldn't come up with another award for someone deserving in your own Cities, here in Edmonton we had a messenger of the year award and that was the person who then got the 10-9 Proclamation of that year to hang on thier wall at home.

There are enough things breaking down in our community and the rest of the world and with out mentioning them, this is one I would like to believe does not need to be looked upon this way.

I encourage you all instead to come up with, or be a great nomination.

BikerBill