Re: [messengers] Bike Messenger: A Job and A Way of Life

Date: 22 Jul 2010 21:15:17 +0200
From: orlando godoy <mobile_sleepy@xxxxxxxxx>

As a former messenger who is now a cycling court runner who spends most of his time in a cubicle,  I wish I could still stick to the job at hand, what did me in, wasn't the weather, or the shitty security guards at the buildings.  It was simple economics.  It just didn't pay enough, and as a person with a growing family to feed, it's hard to justify the low pay wage to your significant other.

And then there's the ol' PDF scare.  I've seen the numbers dwindle, and the pay go down.  This isn't the end of this awesome vocation, but I think it does bring the number of workers down.

That said, being a Courier has been the best job I've ever had.
But, I'll always be a Cyclist!