Re: [messengers] Barcelona CMWC

Date: 30 Jul 2010 16:19:46 +0200
From: bega <shawnbega@xxxxxxxxx>

in dc in 1998 we drank several bars out of beer on successive nights.
i remember getting a call from johny with club asylum on tuesday
evening around 9pm. they were out of free beer, cheap beer, and
expensive beer and he was asking me what he should do. i told him to
give away hard liquor instead, which i hear tell he did.

the beer in pana will be cheaper than youre used to, just like most
everything else. but we're not stopping there. we're currently talking
to the big guatemalan beer company to try to get even cheaper beer.

everyone should bring as much extra cycling equipment as they can.
especially stuff they can give to the locales when they leave. if
youre traveling with someone, and you can each bring an extra wheel,
one of you should bring a front and the other a rear. bring extra
tires and tubes. bring extra helmets. bring extra cables. if youre
coming for more than a week, you may decide to ride up the volcanos
several times. that means coming down the volcanos. bring extra brake
pads. bring anything you can pack. leave as much as you can behind
with the cyclilsts from guatemala. ive seen bikes here with the tires
stuffed with leaves. they could really use stuff.

--
Shawn "bega" Blumenfeld
http://www.dcbikeracing.com