Re: [messengers] iso: council re: cmwc booklet

Date: 3 Aug 2010 16:27:21 +0200
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

I can't make Guatemala this year.

re: this years open forum.

If your from a city that wants to host CMWC 2012  you need to start getting
your bids together (if you haven't already.) Make sure you have researched
things like venues and accommodation etc. If your serious make sure your
presentation is sharp as competition was tough last year.

Other than that i think you guys should really think long and hard as to
where we need to go over the next few years. Can we keep going the way we
have been? Or do we need to become more business minded?

I guess it all comes down to money.

Does the world wide messenger community (the IFBMA) need to start bringing
home some bacon to ensure the CMWC's long term success?

Thats something that we all need to talk about at the open forum.

and do you guys want to make this website official?

http://internationalfederationbma.ning.com/

Its not for free anymore so we need some sponsors or else it will disapear.

the ifbma ning site was wacked together as an experiment. It is not really
used, but it is very pretty.

In my mind i am more worried about the possibility of using the Australian
Bicycle Messenger Association website. austbma.ning.com There are not many
bike couriers down under so its good to have something that is considered
"National."

If anyone is interested in sponsoring either of these websites please
contact me off list. Its cheap and you get your logo plastered all over the
interweb.

Cheers

Doddsy.