Re: [messengers] City must end this 'cycle' of violence

Date: 20 Aug 2010 00:14:08 +0200
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

The "pedestrian safety" argument  is a an interesting one, normally seems to
go that way to take the blame off of automobiles, if you can get some
positive exposure it can easily be turned around into something positive.

Cyclists kill 0.4 pedestrians a year in Aussieland.
Automobiles kill at least 400 pedestrians a year.

9 out of 10 pedestrian/cyclist collisions are on road.

Sounds like a pretty good safety record to me.