Re: [messengers] City must end this 'cycle' of violence

Date: 21 Aug 2010 20:15:51 +0200
From: Rie VP <rie23@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Manhattan has alot of people moving around in it during the day.

That's a problem? Too many for the police to cite?

 Under the Guiliani administration, Jaywalking was, in fact, ticketed. So severely during the two weeks before Christmas that hundreds (perhaps thousands) of tickets were written every day, on 34th Street alone (Merry Christmas! You owe the City of New York $125 for crossing the street!).

It sucked.

In the poorer neighborhoods of the City, food delivery guys are still ticketed for riding their bikes on the sidewalks. If you've ever owned a car in NYC, you know that parking in a bike lane
or double parking will land you a ticket faster than anything.

Are tickets ever a solution?

I suspect the woman writing these stories probably has a personal reason to be so passionate--I can only imagine what that reason is.

Can you?

We all have to share this City. There will always be taxis and pedestrians, just like there will always be messengers and NYPD and the New York Post.

That's how it is.

Best to learn how to deal constructively, and keep your dignity and respect.