[messengers] footdown

Date: 10 Sep 2010 06:55:25 +0200
From: shawn blumenfeld <shawnbega@xxxxxxxxx>

The last of the exhibition events, the violent game of Footdown served
as a way to let off some steam before the Championship events begin
tomorrow night.
Brooklyn's Aaron Four Nine Lipke took the individual, and Team FU
captained by DC's "Coach" took the team. Once again the messengers
opened their pockets, and the "buy your way back in" format raised
another Q500 for the food drive.

Tha art show was a sight to see. It was the equivelant of shutting
down times square. The main road in Pana was filled with local
artists, and the kids came out by the hundreds for the art cllinique
with tons of donated supplies from the messengers.

We also had the first of the IFBMA open forums with Warsaw detailing
plans for the CMWC next year, and several cities bidding for 2012.

Friday we have the World Welcome Party, and the first of the
Championship events with the bunny hop, track stand, and backwords
circles.

And it never rained today. Not at all. A much needed break in the
weather especially for the locales here. It's amazing how fast they
rebuild. Most of the roads between here and Guate are opened now. Too
bad really, I don't think anyone would mind getting stuck in Pana for
an extra couple of days.

--
Shawn "bega" Blumenfeld
http://www.dcbikeracing.com