Re: [messengers] cmwc 2012 bid

Date: 15 Sep 2010 20:34:40 +0200
From: Christina Peck <christinakpeck@xxxxxxxxx>

well that is what came to question--IFBMA bylaws (as i understand, which may
not be entirely accurate) as of now, necessitate the bidding city to be
confirmed by open forum at CMWCs the year prior.
warsaw had little more to present this year than they did with their opening
bid the year prior in tokyo. a suggestion at the meeting in pana (which was
not agreed upon) was that the bidding city should need to be presenting a
more developed bid (possibly with set guidelines?), that voting two years
out on a city does little good if that city makes no progress in the first
year. and possibly that the two year proposal should act more as a primary
(voting down to two cities and then having both of them come in with bids a
year out?) so that the IFMBA/open forum was not stuck with a city simply
because there are no other options at that point.
since there was no decision at the open forum that this was how it will now
operate, it seems that unless chicago shows up with no progress, CMWC will
indeed be in chicago. 20th anniversary and end of the world, oh man.