[messengers] Memorial installation for Bronx Jon.....

Date: 29 Sep 2010 10:23:58 +0200
From: Ashira Siegel <pinkfixie@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone,

I made an installation piece for an exhibit opening on Oct 7.  You can see some
photos and a bit more of the context here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/redridinghoodproductions/sets/72157624926236605/

I wanted to let you all know because my subject matter is Bronx Jon and my
lingering feelings that he didn't have to go out like that.  That none of us
have to go out like that. That I hope none of us will ever go out like that
again. That skin doesn't always grow back and anyone (including myself) coming
into Brooklyn off the Williamsburg bridge rode or still rides that path against
traffic to cut under the BQE.

I utilized text from the memorial words posted on the NYBMA website by myself
and others.

If you are in the LA area, please come to the opening.  Info is here:
http://www.sweeney.ucr.edu/

If you have anything to say about it please feel free to email me directly.

Best,
Ashira

www.AshiraSiegel.com