[messengers] Fwd: Use of likeness without permission (Prologue)

Date: 27 Nov 2010 00:36:39 +0100
From: Corey Hilliard <coreythecourier@xxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Corey Hilliard <coreythecourier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Subject: Use of likeness without permission
To: bicycle@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Kenda USA,

 In the March 2010 issue of Urban Velo on page 11 there is an advertisement
for your tires. In it there is a photo of a "commuter" cyclist whose face
was blurred. Several friends and I immediately recognized the rider as our
fellow messenger Marco Creacy. Mr. Creacy did not know his likeness would be
used in the ad nor was he compensated for such usage. Being a bicycle
messenger who is a very solid rider and all around nice guy, Marco is an
ideal model for someone who rides many miles in all conditions.

 My question is how a large international company like yours can help Marco
with tires and possible sponsorship for competitions like this year's Cycle
Messenger World Championships in Guatemala or the North American Cycle
Courier Championships in Atlanta, Georgia? I ask on behalf of Marco because
he is bewildered by the whole situation. He is a swell fellow and would
appreciate a thanks "for being on the bike" or something like that.

 Please call Marco and find a way to give him a token of your appreciation.
I am quite sure that he would talk endlessly about your company, giving the
highest praises among bicycle messengers worldwide who use a lot of tires in
all conditions. His phone number is 1 (267) 575-4417.

Corey "the Courier" Hilliard
PO Box 322
NY, NY 10002
USA

PS. Thanks for advertising in Urban Velo. Brad and Jeff are righteous dudes.