Re: [messengers] kenda / creacy / shutterstock - a responce

Date: 1 Dec 2010 01:11:28 +0100
From: Corey Hilliard <coreythecourier@xxxxxxxxx>

I have not heard anything about Kenda and Marco yet, but I believe it is
safe to buy their products without calling them nasty names.

Here is the response from "S.v. Luma", the photographer:

Hi Corey,
I am wondering if you are his representative, or lawyer, or just a friend?
We took this picture on the street, and the person is unrecognizable. There
are no logos anywhere in the photo, and his face is blurred as well. It
might as well be someone else with the same shirt and bicycle. Shutterstock
accepted this photo without a model release form because the person is
unrecognizable, it is in their company policy. So let Marco contact me
personally if he wants, if it is him in the picture, and we will start a
dispute with Shutterstock. They have the rights to this photo; I don't have
them any longer. If you look at the photo, Shutterstock's copyright is on
the photo. In the photo I am attaching, on the right side it says release
information: N/A. If model release was necessary, I don't believe
Shutterstock would have accepted the photo.
Best,
S.V. Luma

No release form was signed. Bingo!

Corey the Courier