Re: [messengers] Fw: Use of likeness without permission (epilogue)

Date: 15 Dec 2010 08:29:59 +0100
From: Alex Farioletti <gsf.nyc@xxxxxxxxx>

i stand corrected. i wasn't bummed to be used on the site, nor was i mad
that i thought you might have made some money off of some of your hard work,
even if you didn't. yer photogrphay is a great contribution to our community
as well as all the high quality races that you and the demon cats put
together. i see no problem with the sale and use of messengers imagery when
it comes from within the community.

also, we all use kryptos, but who here rides on kendas? i like their tubes,
but their tires kinda suck.

the point that i was trying to make is that WE should be taking our own
photos and selling them with rights and whatever to getty and whatnot. we
need to produce more of our own media and stop letting others do it for us
and make all the money and tell our stories all wrong.

that's all.

with this big movie coming out and more and more peeps get out of cars and
on bikes we are gonna get thrust into the lime light, again. but worse this
time. so lets be ready. both Krypto and onguard were in a bidding war for
the "don't steal bikes bro" video at interbike, so don't think there isn't
ways to monetize messenger content. we just gotta take control of our image.

>>> TCBcourier.com <http://www.tcbcourier.com>
>>> affinitycycles.com <http://affinitycycles.simple-helix.net/?author=4>