Re: [messengers] Fw: Use of likeness without permission (epilogue)

Date: 15 Dec 2010 15:42:43 +0100
From: Stu Louder <louderse@xxxxxxxxx>

All,
          Kenda as far as I've seen does not support messengers.  I have yet
to see any product given for our communities races or events. (correct me if
I'm wrong on that)  The bottom line, at least when I look at companies, is
"Do they support Messengers?"  local or other wise.  Has anyone seen a Kenda
rep or sponsored rider at any of their events or even at a frequented bar?
It's one thing for Kryptonite to use photos from Kevin because lets face it
Kevin and Krypto have given plenty of time and support to the community.
 There's even companies that many of our comrades have love hate
relationships with.  Chrome for example is quick to use photos for ads and
material, but you know they're one of the biggest supporters of ours as
well. I'm pretty sure we all have some photos out there being exploited in
one way or another.  Maybe in an ad for some big new company, or on some
fakengers flyer for suburb sprints.  It's not about legality or morality,
It's about us.  Our community, our lives, our rules. Fuck Kenda for not
coming out, for not helping out and for not getting truly involved.  Come
out, hang out and then we could talk.

I support cycling because cycling supports me,
                         Stu Louder