Re: [messengers] Bike messengers run over pedestrians for sport

Date: 18 Dec 2010 04:34:58 +0100
From: Michael Dodd <mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx>

On the cycleways or cycling and business thing.

A study was performed in lygon st Melbourne where they temporarily
sacrificed automobile space for cycling space.

Does Loss of car parks equal loss of business?

Occupants of 2 Car parks ended up spending an average $156 per hour at local
businesses.

The same two carparks were changed in to a parking area for 12 bikes, the
occupants of this area ended up spending an average $565 per hour.

Cycling is good for business.