Re: [messengers] CMWC Guatemala debt.

Date: 3 Jan 2011 04:19:47 +0100
From: Lucas Brunelle <speedxc@xxxxxxxxx>

CMWC Guatemala was an amazing event unlike any other CMWC.  I have seen many
cycling events; cyclocross, mtb, pro road, and every messenger event you can
imagine - and have never seen a single event make such a difference to a
community.
The rider and racer experience was unlike any other as well.

Debt is an instrument to success if used correctly whether you go into hawk for
that $5,000 road bike or that $30,000 race.
- History is changed by people who take huge risks.
- Nadir and his crew took a risk and we saw how natural disasters and sponsors
worsened the exposure.

Races should be run in the black and there are lessons here.

However asking for help is what this list is here for.  Never feel like it’s not
worth asking.

Lucas