Re: [messengers] CMWC Guatemala debt.

Date: 6 Jan 2011 19:26:08 +0100
From: "Andy" <az@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everybody,
Before this thread gets too far, I would like to clear some things up.
Nadir was a tad hasty with his post to the list about our debt, and apologizes for causing such a stir. We did take a loss on CMWC Guatemala, but it was not fair or accurate to put such a specific (and humongous) number on it. We are currently re-evaluating our books to be able to provide a full and detailed account of our spending. Much of our loss was foreseeable and intentionally taken on (we have no desire or intention to ask anyone to repay such voluntary expenses).
I am currently working to compose a more detailed letter for the list to better explain our situation. Until then, I ask that people be patient and resist passing judgment.
We appreciate people's concerns and look forward to being able to provide a thorough accounting of our finances, not just in the spirit of fairness and transparency, but also to help aid future Championship organizers in avoiding some of the financial pitfalls the we fell in to.
Thanks.
--
Andy Zalan
CMWC 2010

PS. The CMWC crew wants to publicly thank all of those who have already sent us aid, it is much appreciated: Michael Maka, Joe Henry, Paul Ford, Kai Edel, and most significantly, Lane and Safa from the MDMA who sent us $600 AUD originally earmarked for the TKBMA bailout but rerouted to us after they couldn't find anybody in Japan to take it.
A full and complete listing of all donations will be posted online shortly.