Re: [messengers] CMWC Guatemala debt.

Date: 6 Jan 2011 22:37:43 +0100
From: mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx

Pretty sure the community  doesn't  have any issues with "occasionaly" bailing  cmwc organisers or the likes out.

From what I've been told this is the a cmwc debt hatrick.
-Toronto $20,000 cad approx(according to an organiser).
- Japan 3million yen approx
- Guatemala to be confirmed.

I agree with what lucas said about risks and their association with success.
Everyone wants to hold "the best cmwc ever!" but the reality is couriers don't need much to have fun, get enough of us in the same place, at the same time and we'll have the time of our lives.

For future cmwc's we need to be financially vigilante.

We can't be landing ourselves in diabolical straights year after year.
P.s from what I know Sydney  came out a bit in front, one way or another that money has been put towards yearly acmc fundraising.

If we play our cards right cmwc's can result in long term benefits for the host city and host country.

More than just street cred.

Where do I send some money?

Doddsy
Sent from my BlackBerry® from Optus