Re: [messengers] CMWC Guatemala debt.

Date: 8 Jan 2011 22:20:57 +0100
From: mikeydodds@xxxxxxxxx

Been thinking about the logistics of guatemala a fair bit, wondering what the organisers travelling costs were (considering they don't live in Guatemala) + the cost of building la ocho?

$20,000 sounds reasonable for something as ground breaking as a cmwc surrounded by natural disasters + a figure 8 race.

Tokyo seemed to have a space issue in regards to the main race venue, they needed to close a road to join two venues together.  road closures here a very expensive.

2 groundbreaking years have been great.

Its just the potential year after year debt thing that worries me.

Its very important that the next few cmwc's come out in front.

Either that or we need to come up with some serious long term fundraising strategies.

Wouldn't  be a "world championships" if we just bounced from Europe to North America each year.
Sent from my BlackBerry® from Optus