Re: [messengers] CMWC Guatemala debt.

Date: 9 Jan 2011 01:20:41 +0100
From: Simon McKenzie <mckfrenzy@xxxxxxxxx>

Sydney came out just in front money wise. Having said that we had good support from the council and I'm sure anyone who attended will agree it was a pretty "grass roots" kind of event.

I guess we were lucky that we didn't really have the facility to put ourselves into debt. Everything pretty much had to be paid up front, and, as such we had no last minute costs hanging over our head.

We also realised that registration numbers would be low and so we budgeted with that in mind. In the end we probably got a few more ppl than anticipated (mainly from Japan)

I think our philosophy, as far as there was one, was to play within our means. We didn't really put on anything overly extravagant, but I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed themselves nonetheless.

Perhaps that should be a model for future CMWC's to look at.

Thanks for bringing this topic up Graham, and thanks to everyone who has taken interest in it.

My 2 cents

Shifty