Re: [messengers] NACCC 2012

Date: 21 Jan 2011 19:03:41 +0100
From: luk keller <lukbrokenheart@xxxxxxxxxxx>

While I always enjoyed having some North American, Australian and Japanese guests at the ECMC I don't think it should be a goal of the ECMC nor the NACCC to make it more appealing for the couriers from other continents to visit this events rather than making sure you'd have a good turnout from your own.
I predict that only a small group of Europeans will attend both, the ECMC in Madrid and the CMWC in Warsaw, if the date for the ECMC will be within a month or less from CMWC as planned at the moment.
And as Squid already pointed out same thing counts for a NACCC-CMWC combination next year.
Ever since 99 there have been pre-events to the CMWC which made the longer trip worthwhile. I always liked this kind of less official events before the official championship and I don't like the idea of the official continental becoming a pre-event of the official worlds.

respectfully yours

Luk