Re: [messengers] hosting CMC

Date: 22 Mar 2011 16:36:13 +0100
From: * martin * <cphfxt@xxxxxxxx>

Visiting London is always a good time. So go on..

You are right there are no rules as to how many times and at what interval one city can host.
I dont think any city should have priority. If there is concensus at the open forum it will happen.
One could argue that bringing a lot of friends to the race is beneficial and a good way of getting
people on board is a good party organized already, and stickers and free beer (unicorns?) all helps.
I like the fact that it is not up to us here on the interwebs to decide, but the people at the race, so
it is ultimately the users who decide where it will go. A good indicator that someone had a good
idea when coming up with this is that all the new championships there are springing up around the
globe emulates us. Not saying that we invented the hot water just saying we emulated someone
else that also had it going on.. and so on..
Make a bid. Talk to someone who did it before, especially if they say "dont do it". Pick that brain.
Find out what you can to make a good race with a little bit of comfort for the organizers - like time
to sleep? Eat?
Think hassle to fun ratio.
A flyer saying that you want to invite people to your city for the races is a nice reminder for the
morning after that night when it all was a little blurry, and a handy place to write that phonenumber
on and hey its the worlds best souvenir for the fridge. And it will have people talking about who
and what city they go for. Some racers even consider who will be race captain although thats a
select few. I do. NERD.

/m

-Think of it as a sharp ax, in a world of broken down chainsaws.
Rafi.