Re: [messengers] Toronto Bike courier story

Date: 24 Mar 2011 22:10:19 +0100
From: Mark Hayward <hayward_mw71@xxxxxxxx>

Before that I believe the city of Toronto had a liscence law for car couriers that involved different plates.  Couriers complained on legal grounds and the plates were eliminated.

As to cost I cannot imagine what it could be today and right now it is not even about finding a way to create compliance by bike messengers with traffic laws but rather an attempt to create a revenue stream for the city.   And seeing as there are less than two hundred messengers in Toronto it would not be worth their while....