[messengers] Global gutz this week-end

Date: 8 Jun 2011 14:59:44 +0200
From: Mikael Szafirowski <mikael.szafirowski@xxxxxxxxx>

Global Gutz is closing in!

Just a few things I wanted to mention before we get the race going! The race time is 24.00 GMT, which means that the cities west from that will race on saturday and the rest on sunday morning. But it's nevertheless at the same time at any given place, unless you're traveling with the speed that light is moving, parallel to the equator. If you would like to follow the race courses on the way, you'd have to go of course that much faster. I'd also like to point out that you'd be better off going around the world closer to one of the poles, as you could maintain a more relaxed pace that way. However, in Global Gutz we have the opportunity to do this from the comfort of our own peloton - in our minds! (no matter how scientifically incorrect this fantasy is...)

The other thing I wanted to ask is that if possible, please take a group photo of your racers before or after the race! I'd like to try to compile a massive global group photo us and hopefully show it at the CMWC in Warszawa.

I'm going to try to get the results on-line by the evening of the next day, so please send them as quickly as possible after the race.

And don't forget to think about you're brothers and sisters racing at the same time in a gamut of different conditions!

Have a good one,
Hattara