[messengers] My 2009 b/w super 8 motion picture film "Fixiology" based on footage shot at 2008 CMWC.

Date: 22 Jun 2011 20:29:57 +0200
From: Nicholas Kovats <nkovats@xxxxxxxxx>

My 2009 b/w super 8 motion picture film "Fixiology" is based on
footage shot at the 2008 Cycle Messenger World Championship held in
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This was my initial attempt to mythologize my former profession and
hardworking former colleagues partaking in international competition.
Event details are still available here, i.e. http://cmwc2008.com/.

My original intent was to focus on bicycles and the races
specifically, i.e. men and women, muscles and speed. But the
magnificent setting dominated by the majestic trees of Ward Island and
the nostalgia triggered by so many familiar faces dictated the final
edit.

http://vimeo.com/25188894  or  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQyDutBp8yk

Technical:
-> running time = 5m 52s
-> camera = Nizo 156 Xl Macro w/ Schneider zoom
-> meter = sekonic 1 degree spot meter
-> crane = monopod
-> fps = 24
-> transfer = framediscreet.com + photoplays.ca/ (deliverable = 29.97
fps avi w/ inserted pull down)
-> editor = Sony Vegas
-> transcode = MainConcept AVC MPEG4 29.97fps VBR 20Mbps PIXEL 1.00000.mp4

Festivals:
2009 Filmfestival Weiterstadt - Germany
2009 Parkdale Showcase - Canada
2010 University of Toronto Film Festival - Canada

Cheers!

Nicholas Kovats