Re: [messengers] CMWC 2013?

Date: 7 Aug 2011 16:27:13 +0200
From: Biker Bill <zxmessenger@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I would like you to know that I am and have been working on many of these same ideas over the years and can also share in your frustrations of the current system because we are getting old and the process, which was once our "liberation", seems stuck... It is taking time to assemble this years council, currently at the point of just getting introduced and set up. Many of these items though were brought up in Warsaw at the first open forum (as well as past forums), and I had a good chance talking about many of them with many other messengers, a lot of topics that are years old now. I would like you to know that many share the same view and we are not as scattered as you may think, sometimes we allow personalities to over shadow ideas and we are finding ourselves on the same side of an age old argument wondering how we got there and what to do next.  One of my goals is to create a way that the IFBMA Council will appoint officers that can lead up a few of these good projects (some old some new). A good example is Porno who stepped down this year but will continue to do the treasurers job. As we also need some people who have worked with our international sponsors of the events that will provide continuity and improve sponsor relations and support of the events, and there are other ideas that need this kind of leadership and I will try and explain how we can and why. I would like to see things more formal and official, to allow these ideas to come forward in a process and see resolve coming from people with the energy to see the ideas through. Another good example in the same way is we need an "official" results team (as you mentioned) and I have spoken to Bega who brought the idea up in regards to this and you would also be a good candidate to be involved as well to be sure the results and placing are true and can not or have not been hi-jacked which we have been very lucky with so far, but remains a risk if we do not have focus on it as a legitimate group. Same thing goes for Council, the community needs "a council" to not only rubber stamp these things but to keep and make everything legit, and I think some people forget that sometimes. We are all the IFBMA and what began originally as an "autonomous" idea has evolved and which is how the council came about and what it was supposed to be for. It is so the work of the open forums can move forward as apposed to trying to all get done at 2 drunken meetings during the championships by whoever can make it there and hope that it magically happens for the following year. Everyone has great ideas, not many know how or have the fortitude to do the work to see them through. It's more than just being dedicated, or believe in the idea, it's about getting involved and finding the people and process to make it happen... The positions will present themselves, If you are the one who thinks there should be IFBMA Bike Bells (for instance), than you should help by showing a budget (or review) to council on how they can be produced and who will distribute them etc etc. The Council goes Yup that's "officially" a good idea and it moves forward, or No that the project is not ready or does not meet a list of criteria to be approved at that time and needs more work. I hope that describes what I mean. This would be good grounds for an officer position with the IFBMA Council to lead and follow through with the "Bike Bell" idea. I plan to take an active roll this year to work these ideas forward as they are not magically happening by just sitting back. I often thought we shared a lot of the same ideas just as I'm sure there are more out there who think this way. I hope to be able to work some of these things out and that we will have the community support with these interests, we will and need to get through this "plateau" over the next year and it's really up to all of us... Send my regards to the home-team!BikerBill Thain <ps> At first this was my personal reply to Fish, but after reading it seems good enough to share as a response to the list. I am sure an official announcement of council will follow from one of us that we are open and ready to tackle some of these issues. In the mean time lets keep the dialog going. I invite any and all interested people to come forward with their ideas and to keep motivated to accomplish some things this year. I am still suffering the Polish hangover, what was that weed in the bottle anyways, and brown vodka, was it a trick like the sausage?! Big Ups to the Warsaw Car Killers and CMWC2011 Crew. You should all stand up be proud and take a bow, we won't see it but it might still feel good!!! Messenger Cred and Respect to y'all! > Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 13:37:41 +0200