Re: [messengers] Remarks to the CMWC-Mainrace-Results

Date: 13 Aug 2011 15:23:16 +0200
From: stefan vis <fishmeisterasd@xxxxxxxxx>

hey there, i am happy shawn takes this. i can imagine that the the last
manifest delivery was a mess because no one could keep anything dry anymore
so i guess that some manifest were hard to read. so then its easy that
something maight have gone wrong there, but bega is investigating as you
read so i trust thta the results will be adjusted again.

you have to understand that we were trying to run this race as good as we
could at the moment because we were missing some resources and the security
checkpoint made the race 3 times longer then originally planned, the race
was supposed to last 4-5 hours, but i cut it short becuase of the rain.

next time i will go back to my original plan as i had myself pursued again
to make some changes which are changing the way the race is supposed to run.
that is more manifests in the first sequence so more split up and more drops
in total. this is why i should persist in running the race in the way its
supposed to and listen to ideas from other people to put in the race as
tricks, but i stronly recommend that next time i make some decicions in the
end, and that means the security checkpoint is not on the manifests anymore
as they did now, the drop adresses will all be blank untill pick up and all
the manifests will have 3 drops. this is the most simple and most
interesting and most fair way to make this race and i hope future organizers
can and will trust me that i am right about what i do, because it was
already tried out.

anyway, i am very grateful and honoured to make bega happy with a database
that works but to run this more proper we will need to use some more
computers and work out better software so its all easier to work with and so
that mistakes wont be happening. please understand that this was a 'beta'
for an even better race in the future and i hope people will keep enjoi\ying
it  and using this database for most cmc races. and your doubts are more
than welcome because it helps us to make the database even better. you will
get your proper spot in the results i trust bega to find that out because i
have no idea how it all works yet.

fish.