[messengers] MEXICO CMWC

Date: 21 Aug 2011 15:06:29 +0200
From: Joaquin Sanchez <bicimensajeros@xxxxxxxxx>

First of all CONGRATULATIONS LAUSANNE!
Raph, Joz, Blaize, Alban, Mathieu, Lucas, Raph (Feiss), …
you guys did an amazing and fucking excellent job.

Second, I'd like to say THANK YOU GUYS for your support to our bid and sorry it didn't happen. And I'm sorry my bid proposal was a bit disappointing.
I was feeling like shit (not just hangover, but ill) that night in Warsaw and I couldn't explain myself properly when I presented our bid…
Basically: we're not ready yet. We didn't have anything to support our bid with.
In spite of our enthusiasm, willingness, and energy, I honestly believe we need more time and we need to be able to organize a few events before we can be ready for a CMWC.
However, we will be ready in Chicago to present our bid for 2014.
We already have a race course for the main race in the university campus at the UNAM (University of Mexico). We're just waiting on the final confirmation from the authorities there (independent from the city). Also, the use of the velodrome for track racing and a few sponsors.
In the meantime, we're organizing our first Mexico DF Cycle Courier Championship before the end of the year, then, a National Championship, and we'd also like to organize a Southamerican Championship in our city.
We'll also be in Austin in october to present our bid for the NACCCs in 2012.

So, see you guys in Austin.
Viva Mexico Cabrones!

Cheers

jo. aquin