[messengers] Markus Cook Award

Date: 14 Sep 2011 14:00:53 +0200
From: Brice Bedos <diabolix@xxxxxxxxxxx>

While I admire Fish's contributions to the messenger community I am more inclined to nominate Stephanie Bartczak for her contributions given the fact that it is more humanitarian in the sense that she has helped messengers get back into their spds and unto their feet after having suffered unfortunate accidents while working on the road. If it weren't for the hard work put into organising and managing the L.C.E.F, many messengers would be out of pocket whilst waiting for their injuries to heal. In some ways, Steph could be portrayed as the Mother Theresa of the London messenger community (I'd love to see her in a nun's habit, but that's a different kettle of fish - no pun intended, Fish)... Like I said, Fish's work and contribution is first class, all respect due to him; however, between getting messengers back in the saddle after having sustained injuries on the road and organising races for messengers I would think a messenger would appreciate the efforts in getting him/her back on the road in order to participate in messenger events with the help of Fish's race system.

Brice