[messengers] Fw: Road Rights -Courier union drive wo n’t be curbed

Date: 20 Oct 2011 01:46:24 +0200
From: scunyun@xxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "scunyun@xxxxxxxxxx" <scunyun@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: keith macdonald <canucksoncoppis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:44:55 PM
Subject: Re: [messengers] Road Rights -Courier union drive won’t be curbed

Separate interviews, same article, Keith.

I still think the best way to improve pay and working conditions was/is to decide municipally that all downtown small package/document delivery be done via active transport exclusively. By raising the demand for foot, bike and transit messenger services and increasing market share for safer, more efficient, more sustainable goods delivery practices, we all win.

Of course, H&C was talking about this as far back as the late 90's as well. Nobody in power was interested, but I have raised the issue again a couple times in conversation with Rob Ford recently. He has at least listened, eh?

Maybe it is an idea whose time has finally come. Hope so.

"A great job. A great community," indeed!!!!!  ( :-)