Re: [messengers] Fwd: THE WIFE OF THE MOST RECENT CYCLELIST KILLED IN NEW YORK

Date: 28 Jun 2012 00:28:49 +0200
From: Joe Hendry <messvilleto@xxxxxxxxx>

This is one of the most heart breaking emails I have ever read. I cleaned it up a bit so that it's easier to read:

On April 18 2012, the love of my life
of 16 years, father to our 10 year old daughter, went to work. He was a bike
messenger with the company Mother's Messenger. He had his last drop on 72nd Street.
I was his last cell call. He went down 5th avenue.

There was a man that cops stopped on 79th street and 5th avenue by the name of Eric S. West, age 22, born May 27. Eric West was stopped because he was going down a
non-commercial vehicle way. Cops gave him a ticket and let him go on his
way.  He was driving a 4 ton white ford F-550
truck holding cargo. If cops would have done their job right, they would have
known that the truck and Eric West was not insured. The truck belonged to Ring Power
Corp Company, the same company backing up Mitt Romney the man running against Obama
for President.

The d.m.v. mail papers out to me
proving this and also informed me that Eric S West did not report the hit or
death of Daniel Martinez there for they have put it down as a hit and run.  The company allowed Eric S West to drive this
truck without a commercial vehicle license c.d.l. and this was a commercial
vehicle truck.

In New York you are allowed to get your
commercial vehicle license at the age of 21 Eric West was 22 and did not have
much experience on the road with a regular license let alone a commercial
vehicle license.

Daniel was riding his bike, alongside
of the truck. Eric West was driving.  Danny
had 25 years’ experience riding his bike. He was a road test away from having
his driver’s license. He told me once

 "I ride my bike like I would drive a car.
I follow the rules of the road"

It was rush hour 6:28 pm. The sun was
still out. Daniel was riding in the bus lane, like he would always do or in the
bike lanes to avoid being too close to vehicles. There is a video of this event
that I have viewed.

Eric West admitted on the police report
that he wanted to beat the light and instead ran the red light. That's when he
hit and ran over Daniel Martinez.  Danny
would never hold on to a truck. They said he had his iPod head phones on but
when I saw him in the hospital, I took off his neck brace, and he had his head
phones took in his shirt the way he would always put them if he wasn't
listening to them, and in the video shows he was not holding on.

Danny told me once "look at that
guy holding on to that truck, I'll never do that. That guy is crazy. He must
have a death wish." The media lied. Eric West was the one saying he was
holding on but he didn't see when he hit him. The police report didn't match up
to Eric West’s story. The photos didn't show what Eric or the police report said,
or to what the witnesses said or to the injury's that killed Daniel Martinez.

I was the first one the hospital called
after it too. The e.m.’s took 20 minutes to get to Daniel after the first 911
call. I was his last cell call out and my name was tattooed on his arm, that's
how they knew to call me. They lied to me they told me that he was alive and I
had to come quick. I was the first to see him at the hospital.

He was dead. His head was clipped by
the wheel. It was double wheels in the back. His torso was run over. His left
leg flatten, his legs and arms broken, his ribs busted, his organs, all his
bones was broken. He was all broken. I could feel with my fingertips his skull
broken in pieces , cuts and bruises all over , tire tracks on his clothing and
skin the right side of his head was missing hair and a big gash , he was
bleeding his brains out his nose , ears , mouth, eyes, and out the back of his
head.

I watched and held him as he bled out
on to the hospital floor. They could not help him he had too much damage done
to his whole body. Graphic photos are on the internet.  He made front page of all major newspapers. He
was only 27 years old a hard working father and husband to me and our daughter,
his only child.

Eric West did everything wrong and Daniel
Martinez did everything right that day and Danny lost his life. All because Eric
West drove that truck when he knew he wasn't supposed to. He murdered Daniel Martinez,
and he got off with a ticket for running the red light and cops still let him
drive off with the truck. He is still working for the company after I not Eric West
reported the death to them 3 weeks later. Two weeks after that Eric West still
has the truck parked outside his home.

Cops did not cover the body that's why
there are graphic pictures out there. Cops did not question witnesses right
away. Cops allowed Eric West to drive off with the truck after knowing he did
not have the right to drive the truck and it had blood on it. That was evidence
they let him drive off with. This man can kill again. If cops and the company
would have done their job Eric West would not have killed and murdered Daniel Martinez.

It was hard to bury the love of my
life, Eric West took my future away, my daughter's future Danny's future, it
was a night mare come true, a horror movie.

Please fix his story on line on your
site please.