Re: [messengers] Delivery apps

Date: 23 Aug 2012 20:16:43 +0200
From: Julio Saravia <saravia.julio@xxxxxxxxx>

you essentially are building a brokering company.  the trucking industry
has been doing it for years and the car messenger industry is slowly
playing catch-up.  see ch robinson as a model...3rd party logistics.  you
have the customer(in some instances...the brand), the broker, and the
independant contractor.  here's where it gets fun?

the way you guys have it set up is people already make a guaranteed
rate...which is cool.  the way other 3rd party logistic companies work
is...you take the orders, you charge the customer, you "broker" to i.c.
when i say broker...i really mean, you negotiate back and forth until
you're making loot and the messenger is happy making what s/he's making.
essentially...you can get messengers to do deliveries for 80% as well as
40%.  does this make sense?  its the true definition of an i.c...messengers
are their own company.  i dont know how it would work for bikes but for
cars they would have to go to city hall and do the whole becoming a company
bit.  they would have to handle their own insurance.  they would be a
company.  they handle their own taxes and whatnot.  you would have to build
a huge list of i.c.'s you can depend on to call when there's work.  because
they're i.c.'s they dont have to do any work you dish them and they dont
have to be available everyday.  thats why you essentially need a large
listing.

i know, i know...you will have messengers already but im just giving you a
possible scenario.  the company i work at already has an app system in
place...drivers can take pics to load up.  drivers can put in their wait
time and pieces and weight.  driver update with possible delivery times and
pick up times.  like i said...drivers are i.c.'s.  then...whatever they
update the app with hits our computers and we make the decisions to call
customers with possible delays and bump in price due to weight, pieces,
size, and so on.  its actually kinda cool but the way the company i work
for goes about their business
is.................................shady.  thank God i turned in a
two weeks notice!!

hope this makes sense.

.