Re: [messengers] 2012 Markus Cook Award - call for nominations

Date: 8 Sep 2012 13:05:43 +0200
From: "kai edel" <kek76@xxxxxx>

I nominate another great swiss messenger for MCA.
Monsieur Jerome "Strom" Thiriet.

Many of you might know him from several ecmc's, cmwc's, suicmc's, etc.
he attended through all these years.
I guess, he is already around since 13 years of messengering and
throughout all these years he organised countless of Alleycats and events.

For example, the ecmc 2005 in Basel. Everyone, who was there,
will remember the Party on "Das Boot" where naked couriers got all crazy
and turned the boat into a giant drum machine!

As the organizer of the Tricmc 2009, he brought the french, swiss and
german messenger scene together and created a spirit and plattform,
which all of us european messengers brought us even closer together.

But, personally and most of all, i nominate Strom because he is one of
the most positive and active people in the community.
And even if he can't be as often as he wants to be on the street anymore,
because he is one of the chiefs of the Kurierzentrale, Basel, he never
forgets his messenger roots.

You can party hard, race hard, snuff harder or just chill out with him.

Whenever there was a messenger in need, like Pablo from NYC or
April from Washington, he threw a race to donate money or it just came
out of his own pocket.

Strom has a true messenger heart, and i know, whenever i will be
in trouble, lying deaddrunk in some corner or running out of cash,
he will be on my side to help me out like he will help out anyone of us
in the family.

Strom for MCA!

...to the heart, kai

-------- Original-Nachricht --------