Re: [messengers] 2012 Markus Cook Award - call for nominations

Date: 9 Sep 2012 11:12:33 +0200
From: london courier emergency fund <londoncourieremergencyfund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree with Kai and Jesse so i would like to nominate Strom and Mark
Hayward.

Strom has been an active member of the messenger community for many years
and has organised/taken part in many events.
He was one of the first person to help out with the LCEF calendar project
last year.
He's always been very encouraging to others when it came to putting on
their own events and giving them confidence and support.
I think the award should be given according to  achievements within the
community over the years but also bringing people together and helping
other couriers to take on a more active role.

Strom is an awesome person to hang out with and will always share his
snuff...

And i would also like to nominate Mark for his commitment to courier's
rights and his union work.
I've only met Mark a couple of times but i have lots of respect for anyone
who puts time and energy in
improving the working lives of messengers. We sure could do with someone
like him on this side of the pond.

Stephanie "papillion" Bartczak